About Craters & Freighters San Diego
Craters & Freighters was founded in 1990 to meet the needs of businesses and consumers for specialty freight handling. We are now celebrating 20 years as the national expert in packing and shipping solutions. Our nationwide network of brick and mortar locations have been providing our customers with a single source contact for packing, crating and shipping services.
Craters & Freighters of San Diego has grown to become one of San Diego's leaders in transportation and packaging solutions, providing expert single source packing, crating, pick up, delivery and shipping services. Unique to the transportation industry, our company engineers, builds and packs custom shipping containers and wooden crates for both domestic and international shipping. The San Diego location services all of the packing and shipping needs throughout the county.
Craters & Freighters of San Diego is owned by Keith Blum and Brad Hermanns. Combined they have over 30 years experience in the packing and transportation industries. This experience combined with our corporate engineering department enables us to create customized solutions for our clients. Craters & Freighters is capable of handling both your domestic and international shipping needs via air, ocean and ground transportation as well as packing and designing your containers for shipment.
Keith Blum recently served on General Dynamics NASSCO's package and protection committee, which set rules and regulations for the packaging of all their products. These products are used to build ships for both the military and commercial businesses.
Craters & Freighters of San Diego is located in Lemon Grove, CA. (5 miles east of downtown San Diego).
- We have 15,000 square feet of warehouse and yard space.
- We have 1,000 square feet of climate controlled secured storage for your high value shipments.
- We also utilize a secured storage area within our warehouse to make sure your items are safe, while they are in our care, custody and control, prior to being packaged.
- We have a fully enclosed and secured yard for receiving and loading of your shipments.
- We have a 24 hour closed circuit video recording system.
- The office and warehouse are monitored with a security system 24 hours a day along with an individually zoned sprinkler system.
- No job is too large or too small, we do it all.